Before moving a Laravel app from development to production, there are several steps to take in order to ensure proper security and performance.
Ensure the environment is set to production mode by updating the
.env file with
Avoid showing errors directly in pages, as this would expose the innards of the app. Enable error logging instead.
Caching can greatly improve the user experience by reducing response times.
Build a nice 404, not found page.
- Utilize HTTP/2 protocol for faster performance
- Ensure web server has Gzip installed for content compression
- Implement a firewall
- Configure HTTPS with a valid SSL certificate
- Harden security of the server
- Limit access to certain directories
- Use a CDN for static files
- Configure cron jobs
- Regularly back up the application and database
- Monitor the app for potential threats