I need help to solve the following problem in Excel:
When I enter data in cell A1 on one sheet, I want it to be copied to cell A1 on another sheet when I press enter. Then, when I enter data in cell A1 again, it should be copied to cell A2 on the same sheet.
I’ve tried basic formulas and watching tutorials on YouTube, but I haven’t been able to solve this problem. Can someone help me?
Sure! You can use a simple VBA macro to solve this problem. Here’s the code you can use:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = Target.Value
To implement this solution, follow these steps:
- Open your Excel workbook and press
Alt + F11 to open the VBA editor.
- In the VBA editor, find the worksheet where you want the data to be copied (e.g., Sheet1) and double-click on it.
- Paste the above code into the worksheet module on the right side of the VBA editor.
- Close the VBA editor and go back to your worksheet.
- Now, whenever you enter data in cell A1 on Sheet1, it will be copied to the next available row in column A on Sheet2.
Let me know if you need further assistance!